Thursday, October 13, 2005

Middle schooler's rock!



So, this is how I spent my weekend! (I'm the adult on the front right) Hanging out with a bunch of kids from my church in Amish country :) It was their yearly retreat to Skyview Ranch and they had a mom cancel at the last minute, so I was called in for reinforcement. It was tons of fun. They are a really fun group and at such a fun age right now. They will do anything with no regard of consequence (and I mean that in a good way). It was so awesome to see them all just praising God and not worrying about what others think. I don't think I was nearly that cool or secure with myself at that age. It rained the whole time, but they didn't seem to care. They still got out there and played games and had fun.

I was glad to get home, though. I missed Phil and home and my dog, and most of all...my bed! Those bunk beds just aren't the same as they were when I was 15. Funny how I can get used to sleeping on a bamboo mat in China for a month, but a bunkbed in a room with 9 middle school girls for a weekend, totally different!

1 comment:

mle said...

cute. I missed you at the Harvest block party somehow. It made me sad. =0(